You can spend your entire life in a foreign country, but if you were born in the U.S. or have at least one parent who’s a U.S. citizen — surprise! — you’re an American. Here’s why that may complicate the tax picture for you.

Source: Why ‘accidental Americans’ hit a roadblock complying with the IRS